Problem in Updating Subform

lakshmanlakshman Member Posts: 44
HI ALL,

i took a text box (itemno),subform and one command button .My Requirement is when i push the Command button ,update the subform with itemno in the text box equals to num in the subform
(temLedgerEntry )

Thanks in Advance:
Lalshman
Best Regards,
Lakshman Routu
http://lakshman-routu.blogspot.in/

Answers

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Lalshman,

There are lots of posts on this if you search the forums

Here's a link this sample code
    http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=7

Hope this helps

Welcome to Mibuso :mrgreen:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    Do u mean to say that are you want to change the subform item no. with a number you entered in text box available on the form by clicking button.

create a function in subform that will take textbox code as parameter. then in this function set the value of item no. with that parameters values.

then call this function form main form with textbox value.
    finally use currform.update to refresh the form.

hope it helps you.

Regards,
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • arindomarindom Member Posts: 52
    Hi
    I am not clear about u'r requirment .I am tring to solve as my undarstanding .

The text box (itemno) value u store in global variable . Creat a function with parameter ItemNo. call this from the command battun and pass itemno.through the parameter . By this vale update the ILE and in last write currform.update .
  • deepthi.vdeepthi.v Member Posts: 62
    Hai Experts,

Actually my friend is trying for this:

We are trying for this reqirement:
    We design a form that represents salesorder with header (the header has no source table. In the header form , a TEXT box with lookup property with source table 27.
    And for the subform the source table is ILE..

When the form is opened , The ILE should disply all Ledger Entries

In the header , the Item is selectd from the Item table ,
    After selecting the Item in the header, and after pressing the Command button the subform should filter .. in the way showing all the ledgers that corresponds to that Item , i,e the ITem selected in the header..
  • ioriiori Member Posts: 19
    Do u mean to say that are you want to change the subform item no. with a number you entered in text box available on the form by clicking button.

create a function in subform that will take textbox code as parameter. then in this function set the value of item no. with that parameters values.

then call this function form main form with textbox value.
    finally use currform.update to refresh the form.

hope it helps you.

Regards,

vote.
  • deepthi.vdeepthi.v Member Posts: 62
    Hi all,

Thanks for ur advices and replies.I am able to solve my problem with all ur suggestions =D>