XMLPort vs Citrix

chupaxchupax Member Posts: 9
Hello,

I have a piece of code that creates an xml via an XMLPort. This works very well on the server and clients. The trouble starts when we try to run the code via a client start from the citrix server. On the XMLPort.export(...) the whole Navision client crashes. The version we use is a 4 SP3 SQL.

I think there are some dll's not available on the citrix but don't have a clue which ones. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be of the client crash???

Many Thanks!

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I would try and install MSXML.dll versions.

Start with v6, and go down the earlier versions.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • chupaxchupax Member Posts: 9
    I already checked the versions and concluded that I hadn't the v6.0. I still had the same problem after placing msxml6.dll and msxml6r.dll into the system32 folder. All the other versions are available. I am also able to create xml's via these versions (programmed in a codeunit).
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    chupax wrote:
    I already checked the versions and concluded that I hadn't the v6.0. I still had the same problem after placing msxml6.dll and msxml6r.dll into the system32 folder. All the other versions are available. I am also able to create xml's via these versions (programmed in a codeunit).

Placing them there is not enough. You need to register them or install them correctly. And they must be on the Citrix server!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • chupaxchupax Member Posts: 9
    Also this hapened but hadn't any effect :cry:
  • KenTKenT Member Posts: 14
    I encountered a problem of the same nature. Microsoft offers installation packages for MSXML6 and earlier.
    I'd reccomend installing 6 and 4, as a previous poster already pointed out.

Naturally, the need to be consulted from the server, from where they are available to the clients.
    New to NAV. Please don't eat me. I prolly taste funny.