Kitting in Nav5

pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
Hi all,
I a using Kitting in NAV and I created a Kit item ( KITABC) which I do not holds in my inventory.
My Kit are composed by Kit 123 (2) and Kit 456 (3).

My customer always order KITABC so my warehouse employees check the stock for Kit 123 and Kit 456 to see if I have enough to ship to my customer.

How can I manage that as everything here uses scanning. So as soon as item KIT ABC is scanned , sub assemblies should be relived from inventory.

Thanks for ideas on that.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I suggest to use BOM Journal.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
    Good idea. I will try it <. Thanks
    ara3n wrote:
    I suggest to use BOM Journal.
  • pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
    Hi ,

I am trying to use BOm journal but I have a message " Directed put away must be No in location code = "WHITE" " . Why? Does this mean that I can't use a Bom journal for kitting if I have a WMS location which is my case?

I am trying to built a new item using those that are already on my inventory and also trying to disassemble an item to put its components on inventory.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    What you asked in your first question is native functionality. You can say in a Kit BOM that:

KITABC=
    1x KIT123
    4x KIT456

And when you place it on a Sales Order, instead of taking KITABC out of inventory it takes only the components (KIT123 and KIT456). You do this my placing the Kit BOM on the Item Card and then selecting the option "Automatic Build Kit BOM", then you can build the Kit on the Sales Order without ever having to have KITABC in your inventory.