permissions and menusuite

BlackMagicBlackMagic Member Posts: 38
I have search and read, some write that the user can only see items in the Navigation Pane which he has permissions to in the security setup. But i have setup a user to only have access to sales related functionality but when i login i still see all the items in the Navigation Pane avaiable as when i log in as Admin/User.

What can i do wrong?

Comments

• BBlueBBlue Member Posts: 90
    U can assign the menus form the Navigational Pane to specific users, by selecting the Navigatinal Pane Designer (Alt + F12), right click on a specific menu and "Assign Users". That way a user with rights in the Sales area will see only the Sales & Marketing menu.
    As far as I know, inside a menu you can't make items and group of items "user-specific".
    //Bogdan
  • BlackMagicBlackMagic Member Posts: 38
    Ok thank you. I forgotten to say, the version of my Client is NAV 3.6, where it use the old Menusuite/Menu bar. Am I able to do the assignment to the Menu items in the same way?
  • BBlueBBlue Member Posts: 90
    Hello,

No, sorry, on 3.6 there is no such option, I thought you were talking about 4.0 and above.
    //Bogdan
  • BlackMagicBlackMagic Member Posts: 38
    Ok thank you :).
  • search1110search1110 Member, No Posting Permissions Posts: 19
    BBlue wrote:
    U can assign the menus form the Navigational Pane to specific users, by selecting the Navigatinal Pane Designer (Alt + F12), right click on a specific menu and "Assign Users". That way a user with rights in the Sales area will see only the Sales & Marketing menu.
    As far as I know, inside a menu you can't make items and group of items "user-specific".

Did you try yourself what yu just said?
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    search1110 wrote:
    BBlue wrote:

Did you try yourself what yu just said?

What problem you have with this?

BBlue wrote:

IF you remove form execute permissions through roles and permissions we can hide items...