Problem With Client having Vista as OS

Tarun_KumarTarun_Kumar Member Posts: 6
I am a technical consultant. one of our clients have Microsofts Vista as there operating system and there server have SQL 2003 installed on them..

when i installed the new patch provided by microsoft for vista(NAVISION FOR VISTA) on the clients system and tried to access the database it then gave an error message saying Database needs to be converted.

Now the problem i am facing is if still bi convert the database will the database remain accessable to other person's accessing the database having Windows Xp as there operating system.
Tarun Kumar
Navision Technical Consultant
Corporateserve Gurgaon
New Delhi
Ph:09999997340

Comments

• TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    edited 2008-05-31
    It will be accessible from XP - but you have to update the XP machines to the same runtime version as the one you plan to use on the Vista machine...

All clients should use the same version (build number) to access the database. Otherwise you will/could have problems.
  • Tarun_KumarTarun_Kumar Member Posts: 6
    Tvis wrote:
    It will be accessible from XP - but you have to update the XP machines to the same runtime version as the one you plan to use on the Vista machine...

Alle clients should use the same version (build number) to access the database. Otherwise you will/could have problems.

Thx for help sir but the problem is that only one User have vista the head of the organisation and rest all use Windows xp..
    Tarun Kumar
    Corporateserve Gurgaon
    New Delhi
    Well, it is best to upgrade all clients at the same time.

What version are you running?
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Namaste!

not an issue you install new NAV client on all the user machine,
    It will work for Vista as well as XP
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
    darshanm wrote:
    Namaste!

:D

Yes, that is what i meant with upgrading the NAV clients - but i see that it could be interpreted as upgrading to Windows Vista... Which is not necessary as it is the NAV client that should be upgraded to have the samme versions across all machines accessing NAV.
  • Tarun_KumarTarun_Kumar Member Posts: 6
    Tvis wrote:
    darshanm wrote:
    Namaste!

:D

Yes, that is what i meant with upgrading the NAV clients - but i see that it could be interpreted as upgrading to Windows Vista... Which is not necessary as it is the NAV client that should be upgraded to have the samme versions across all machines accessing NAV.

Thx TVIS...
    Namaste Darshanm

Man i understand now what u were trin to tell..
    i will try for the same n let you informed 'bot what happened
    Tarun Kumar
    Corporateserve Gurgaon
    New Delhi