Developers toolkit for nav 5.0 [solved]

vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
Hi,

After reading the forum i was unable to find where to download the correct Developers toolkit for nav 5.0 version. I downloaded and installed devtoolkit20build290sp3 and then devtoolkit20build291sp3 and when trying to open the database I receive the following error:

The 'Demo Database NAV(5-0)' database on the 'server name' server cannot be opened by this version of Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision.
The database has already been converted by a newer program version. You must upgrade Micorsoft Business Solutions-Navision
to the latest version in order to open the database

Regards,
Vasilis Charalambous

Comments

• maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    have a look at below link.
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=878

MVPs, Please confirm this link...!!

I downloaded toolkit from above link.
    Im also new in upgradation work & just started working for this with my collegue.

OR Let us know, from where to download latest one.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
  • vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    Hi,

The link you are saying is not what i am looking for. The developers toolkit must have the compare and Merge tools and source analyzer

Regards,
    Vasilis
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to make a difference between two things:

1) Version of NAV objects you can import into NDT
    2) Version of DB which NDT internally use to work with the data

You can use the NDT 2.0 build 291 SP3 for importing objects from NAV 5.0 regardless that the NDT internally will use NAV DB 4.00 for storing the data. If you want to use NAV 5.0 DB for storing the data, you need to replace files in NDT folder with files from NAV 5.0 version client (slave.exe, nc_....dll, dbm.dll etc.) and the NDT must use correct c/front version...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi,

I am new to navision, just started, i have installed CSIDE Client (nav 5.0) on windows XP SP2 machine and i am working with the database.fdb (Cronus company). I also installed devtoolkit20build291sp3 developers toolkit.

Please define:NDT.
    How do i check that i have the correct version of CFRONT.DLL. The current file version is 4.0.3.24080 and cfrontsql.dll version is 4.0.3.24080

When i copy the nc_netb.dll,nc_tcp.dll,nc_tcps.dll,ndbcs.dll,slave.exe,dbm.dll from CSIDE Client to Developers Toolkit folder and try to open the database.fdb I receive a new error
    'You do not have permission to read the Object table. contact your system manager if you need to have your permissions changed.'

When I am trying to open the database and connect to the SQL Server 2005 instance i receive the following error:

'the operating system cannot load the DLL module C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics Nav\Developers toolkit\nc_defualt.dll.
    Please check that hte DLL module exists, and that any other DLL modules that it will use also exist.'

Can you please make it crystal clear how to open the database in the Developers Toolkit?

Thanks,
    Vasilis
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    What you need to get the NDT up and running quickly:
      Install latest version of NDT (NDT_2.00.291 SP3) from PartnerSource. Get yourself a clean copy of either a version 4.00SP1, SP2 or SP3 database. This will become your Toolkit database. Open your toolkit database using a normal NAV client. Import the DevTool.fob. Expand the database if required. You will need to do this if you want to compare large number of objects. Close the NAV client. Open your toolkit database using the Developers Toolkit.

Hope this helps.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
    hi,

I setup NDT_2.00.291 SP3. i created a new database and company. I imported DevTool.fob. Then I closed nav client and opened Developers Toolkit and successfully open the new database. However i wanted to open the Cronus Database and i receive 'You do not have permission to read the Object table. contact your system manager if you need to have your permissions changed.'

i figured it out. I deleted the fin.flf and installed everything from the beginning and then copied the original fin.flf I proparly did something wrong with the flf.

Regards,
    Vasilis