Automating db test

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
Is there anyway to automate the db test to fill the report and send it via email? So it could run each sunday 23:00:00 of a week or month.
K.S.

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Kisu,

First of all you will need to get a scheduler working to schedule the task at the desired time.

I don't know that there is a standard report/codeunit for this but you can solve it with sendkeys and then email the result. You may have a problem of timing when to send the mail as the test time will vary and I'm not sure the test with return a status to you.

Hope this helps
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    DaveT wrote:
    Hi Kisu,

First of all you will need to get a scheduler working to schedule the task at the desired time.

I don't know that there is a standard report/codeunit for this but you can solve it with sendkeys and then email the result. You may have a problem of timing when to send the mail as the test time will vary and I'm not sure the test with return a status to you.

Hope this helps

Okay, I will look it up. Thanks for the advice.
    K.S.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    If you run Navison tool hotcopy for backup then you can set it up to do a db test before it do the backup, or rather you should do a db test before you do the backup.