Two types of invoice - how

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I'm fairly new to navision and am just looking at how to get two different invoice formats.
I need to be able to print an invoice in a another, completely different, format while maintaining the 'standard' one.

From what I can work out I will need to copy the [206 sales invoice] report and create a second button on the history/posted invoices form.

This seems a tad overkill for such a simple task - am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I've been digging around the docs and can't find a way of just copying report 206 to, say, report 123456... since this is causing me so much difficultly I'd guess its not the correct way to go about this.

Ian

Comments

• krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
    I've been digging around the docs and can't find a way of just copying report 206 to, say, report 123456... since this is causing me so much difficultly I'd guess its not the correct way to go about this.

Export it to txt format from Object Designer. Change the report ID and Name in Notepad (or some over txt editor). Then just import it back to Navision (and compile it).

GoodLuck
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Thanks - obvious once you've seen it. Didn't think to change the output file format.

Ian
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    What about File->Save As while in report desing mode ?

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    imurphy wrote:
    From what I can work out I will need to copy the [206 sales invoice] report and create a second button on the history/posted invoices form.

Maybe you could be clearer on what this REALLY means?

as for making a copy - there are several ways
    another would be open the report in Object Designer
    Choose File->Save As - Give it a new # and name

Remember you can only save custom report/forms/tables/etc in numbers 50000 to 99999
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Open the report in the report designer, there you will find the option

File --> Save as...

enter the new number and new name and hit OK.

Navision is simple :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    To have it print when you click Print on the Sales Invoice, all you need to do is add the additional report to the Table 77 (Report Selections).
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    imurphy wrote:
    I'm fairly new to navision and am just looking at how to get two different invoice formats.
    I need to be able to print an invoice in a another, completely different, format while maintaining the 'standard' one.

This seems a tad overkill for such a simple task - am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Ian

Interestingly another feature that we lost in the move from DOS to Windows.

In the DOS version of Navision, we had text layers on all reports. This meant that we could create a base report with all the code we needed, then create multiple different formats for say an invoice. ne with boxes and logo, (for plain paper) one with just text, and also the layers coould be in different languages.

Alas that feature vanished.
    David Singleton
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    I'm embarrassed so say that after 20 odd years working in IT, it didn't occur to me to do file/save-as to copy a report ..... and we complain about users!

Thanks for all the pointers folks... I'm off on another tangent at the moment, looking at using xsl stylesheets to achieve this. If it can work I'll dump the report designer in a moment. XSL is a much better way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Ian