Automation Error

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
We r using MAPIHANDLER automation to send the email in the Email codeunit(ID 397),then how we can know the length of "To" field name(TO) of MAPIHANDLER Automation.Can we increase its length
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• andhildaandhilda Member Posts: 26
    Nope. Else you have to write your own automation i .NET.

/Andhilda
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    I cannt understand this I want to send the email to cusotmer by7 feeding in the Email field of Customer its length is 80 (Text Datatype) if I put two email id's of same customer by separating comma will it send mail to both ids?or to one only(means 1st email ID).
    My second case is that if I will increase the length of Email field from 80 to 250 of customer table then will the MAPI Handler Automation "ToName" field will accept the 250 characters?
    Vikram Dabas
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    I cannt understand this I want to send the email to cusotmer by feeding Email IDs in the Email field of Customer its length is 80 (Text Datatype) if I put two email id's of same customer by separating comma will it send mail to both ids?or to one only(means 1st email ID).
    My second case is that if I will increase the length of Email field from 80 to 250 of customer table then will the MAPI Handler Automation "ToName" field will accept the 250 characters?
    Vikram Dabas
  • XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Due to the limitation of this automation one can only recommend using an alternative method.

Although my suggestion would be of using a SMTP automation, it may remedy your problem. I would suggest using NAV 5.0's Codeunit 400. (this codeunit allows you to create an e-mail and before issuing the command to send, you may provide additional data to append to current Body, To, etc fields.)

(If you don't have NAV 5.0, of course this would involve registering the Microsoft.Navision.Mail.dll and importing of the codeunit but it should work.)