Business Notification HELP!!

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Dear All,
After successfully install business notification i create a scheme THEN
i return to client program and go to Administration->Application Setup->Business Notification Setup card. I tried to click on "send notification" but system prompt me msg "You have to install Microsoft Dynamic NAV Business Notification to be able to send notifications" ...

Y navision still prompt me this kind of error msg since i already installed the Business notification...Any advise?? THx in advance

Comments

• teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    any idea??
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check if you have installed the BN components during NAV client install on the machine. You can try to run debugger to see where the problem is triggered. If you design the object, you can check if all Automation variables are known (you do not see the Unknown instead their name).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I had installed biz notification and the scheme was started.
    when i debug that time the compiler fall into this code.
    But i hv no idea what to do with the property store table..

Send Notifications - OnValidate()
    IF ("Send Notifications" AND ("Send Notifications" <> xRec."Send Notifications")) THEN
    BNManagement.CheckPropertyStore();

CheckPropertyStore()
    PropertyStore.SETFILTER(Key, 'BN_MessageBusUrl_0|BN_PublishRetryTime_0');
    IF PropertyStore.COUNT < 2 THEN
    ERROR(Text021, PropertyStore.TABLENAME);

seem like system check whether the propertystore record less than 2..
    should i fill in some data in "Property Store" table or it's fill automatically by biz notification mgr..??? help...~~~
    The property store is filled in automatically when the BN application server is started as part of the BN server installation. If it was not done, it means that the service is not running correctly. Try to restart the BN services on the server and check the event log for possible messages/warnings/error. It seems that there will be error that the service was not able to connect to NAV DB.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    the biz notification services is started without an error...i'm wonder whether i miss out something..
    teckpoh wrote:
    the biz notification services is started without an error...i'm wonder whether i miss out something..

Than you need to be sure that you are working on same DB that the BN are connected to...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    how to check to see which db are the BN server connected to?
    1) Try to check event log, there can be this information
    2) Check the BN folder - there are configuration files (.conf or .xml). You can go through them. In one of them will be parameters for connecting the DB.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.