Sub Hiring Items For Renting

simratsimrat Member Posts: 10
Can Any one tell me how can I Sub Hire Items for Renting in Nav 5.0? Can I use Non Stock Items for this?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Can you be more specify for "Sub Hire Items for renting"

There is no standard functionality for Renting. You have to look at addons.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    Non-stock items in Navision are not what you think. They are items that a vendor sells that you do not have in your inventory.

Resources are non-inventory items that can be sold. Commonly resources are used for freight charges but they can be whatever.
  • simratsimrat Member Posts: 10
    Thank you so much for your reply. What are the addon's available for Renting? Why can't vanilla NAV be used for Renting? Is it because of the Costing features NAV has?

Well by Sub Hire I meant that we pick up Items from other vendors and rent them in case we donot have them in rental stock.
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    Navision does not have the built-in functionality required for tracking rentals.

Open Door in Canada has a rental add-on. I have not used it but I have had positive experience with that company in the past.

RMI in NY has a rental add-on. It is very feature-rich. I am not footing the bills, but I understand it is very expensive, especially for on-going maintenance and support. If you are considering this option, I suggest that you talk to some existing users first, and be sure to ask about their support experience.
  • simratsimrat Member Posts: 10
    Thank you Karenh for all the valuable replies. :)