External document mandatory

VeicaVeica Member Posts: 43
In the Purchase & Payables setup we have flagged the External document number mandatory and I know that it will ask for the vendor invoice number when posting invoices and credit memo but will it also ask for the invoice number when recieving merchandise? I'm asking because we're having an error message asking for the vendor invoice number at receipt of stock and the only thing I can think of is that mandatory field.

Answers

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Both Purchase & Payables Setup and Sales & Receivables setup have Ext. Doc. No. Mandatory field.

Do you have a checkmark on that field in Purchase & Payables Setup?
  • VeicaVeica Member Posts: 43
    Yes we have the check mark in the field. It's not supposed to ask for an invoice number when receiving the stock only when invoicing or crediting but I have a feeling it is anyway.
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Veica wrote:
    Yes we have the check mark in the field. It's not supposed to ask for an invoice number when receiving the stock only when invoicing or crediting but I have a feeling it is anyway.

You are correct. You should be able to receive without filling in external document even if you have that field checked in the setup.