Options

MB7-225 and MB7-515 are they very different?

remarkremark Member Posts: 122
Hi,

Today, I've passed MB7-227 exam (Navision 4.0 Trade and Inventory) and I'm choosing next exam to get prepared. I wanted it to be Financials.

The problem is I was preparing for MB7-225 Navision 4.0 Financials and all the training materials I have are for MB7-225. But this exam will soon become obsolete and core exam for Professional Application Certification is already MB7-515 Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0. So it's little use to try to pass MB7-225. Now I'd like to try NAV 5.0 MB7-515.

Is it possible to pass Financials for 5.0 being prepared for Financials 4.0?
Are they very different?
I didn't work with NAV 5.0 so I don't know.

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    as I understood from partnersource, there are differences between the two exams (e.g. in 4.0, the application setup is not requested; instead resources are not requested in 5.0 exam).
    If you mean: "is 4.0 financials manual the same as 5.0 financials manual"?
    my answer is...i don't know :oops:
    I'm studying on 5.0...maybe you can take a look at the "changes in nav 5.0"...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    remarkremark Member Posts: 122
    Thank you, Belias, for your answer!

BTW: Soon NAV 5.0 comes at last in Russia as well (thay say in august this year) so I think I'll get opportunities to learn it (and differences from 4.0) more closely.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    just obtained mb7-515... :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    pablo.passeropablo.passero Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there are differences between that exams. If you want, try visiting http://www.aisnet.oxatis.com. This company offers the certifications exams guides and, in my opinion, are very good. In fact, I got my NAV certifications following that exam guides.

Regards.
    Pablo A. Passero
    NAV Developer