Deleting Value Entry with Posted Cost to G/L

jmlozaresjmlozares Member Posts: 110
Hi all!

I just have some clarification, if I were to delete a certain Value Entry with corresponding G/L Entries is it enough to consider these tables in order that all the related entries are deleted too?

- Item Ledger Entry
- Value Entry
- G/L Entry
- Item Application Entry

Any comment will be appreciated.
Janderol Lozares Jr.
Manila, Phils.

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    best way is that use navigate button which is available at bottom of the form.
    you will find there whole list of tables.

Regards,
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jmlozares wrote:
    Hi all!

I just have some clarification, if I were to delete a certain Value Entry with corresponding G/L Entries is it enough to consider these tables in order that all the related entries are deleted too?

- Item Ledger Entry
    - Value Entry
    - G/L Entry
    - Item Application Entry

Any comment will be appreciated.
    This person goes into a Rolls Royce dealer and asks "How much does this car cost" to which the sales person replies "If you have to ask then you can't afford it".

Absolutely you should not be doing this. But if you are not sure then absolutely really certainly you should not be doing this.
    David Singleton
  • jmlozaresjmlozares Member Posts: 110
    Thanks for the prompt replies.

My very reason of planning to do this is because of erroneous cost applied to the posted transactions. We thought of creating reversing entries and really I insisted this as the safest option, but due to the volume of data on hand I'm afraid we end up ballooning the size of the database. I'm aware though it is illegal to explicitly delete entries which are already posted but this seems to be an alternative solution.

What could you suggest?
    Janderol Lozares Jr.
    Manila, Phils.