Zup files

mwardzynmwardzyn Member Posts: 10
Hello

I have a problem with ZUP files. I would like to create such file which would keep all settings and then use it on the other databases - is there such possibility? I know there is possibility to create zup per user related to one database.

Best regards
Best regards

Michal W

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Not possible with the zup...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    with hexeditor ;-) but [-X
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • mwardzynmwardzyn Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for reply. Maybe you have other ideas how to save such settings in way that zup does?

best regards
    Best regards

Michal W
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You can use the same zup-file to connect to different databases.
    Of course, if you have in the zup file the sales order that was open in database 1, and then you use the zup-file on database 2, this value will be overwritten. If you want to keep BOTH values then this is NOT possible.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    This may or may not be what you want. I usually set up a series of shortcuts for each company with the following command line (for sql):

"%programFiles%\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client\finsql.exe" ID=%appData%\Cronus.zup, Database=Cronus, Servername=server\mssql2k, Company=CRONUS Ltd, ntauthentication=1, Nettype=TCP

Notice the parameter ID=%appData%\Cronus.zup
    This specifies that I want to use cronus.zup located in the %appdata% directory. This means you can share a shortcut file on a server directory but that each users zup file will be stored in their personal profile.

If you want to use a single zup file to open multiple companies then you only have to point each shortcut at the same file.

This doesn't solve the problem of having the zup file multiple times. You make a change in each but only the last to exit is saved.

Regards

Ian