table box issue

Vineeth.RVineeth.R Member Posts: 121
Dear Friends

1) I wanted to search some records from my table and display in a form using 2 or more TableBox for different records. But i also want the form to avoid allowing insert to the table as well. for that i turned the forms 'InsertAllowed' property to FALSE. but now what happens is out of my 2 table box one becomes Inactive if 'InsertAllowed' property is FALSE. how to solve this issue???

By writing code can i avoid inserting records to table in the Oninsert trigger???

i want the form for search purpose only.. if user enter some data for searching and if it is not there in the table the entered data in the search fields should not get inserted to the table so i gave 'InsertAllowed' property to FALSE but because of this property one of my table box becomes inactive.

2) Second query is I want to give my form pages(tab) the name 'Principle & Interest' but when i give "&" simbol it changes to "_" symbol, i think it is used for creating Short Cut keys... how to give the symbol "&" in Page Names??
Thanks and Regards
Vineeth.R

Comments

• Stef-BStef-B Member Posts: 26
    For the second issue:
    Just use double && and it will show only one Ampersand.
  • FiFi Member Posts: 7
    Hi Vineeth,

If the tablebox is empty and Insert is not allowed then the tablebox will appear inactive at this point. As soon as you enter at least 1 record into the tablebox it will then appear active.

I had this issue recently myself.

Fi
  • Vineeth.RVineeth.R Member Posts: 121
    when i search for a record the values flows to one table box but the other is inactive withour any value...when i turn the insertallowed to true then values flows to both table box...
    As i said if i turn the insertallowed to true then if user enter wrong data for searching then those wrong data gets inserted into the table..thats y i used insertallowed false. but this makes one of my table box inactive while the other is ok

Fi wrote:
    Hi Vineeth,

If the tablebox is empty and Insert is not allowed then the tablebox will appear inactive at this point. As soon as you enter at least 1 record into the tablebox it will then appear active.

I had this issue recently myself.

Fi
    Thanks and Regards
    Vineeth.R