Base Currency setup

bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
Hi

Can any one help me where we will setup the Base Currency at the Company level(LCY) in Navision???? :oops: :oops:

Best Regards,
bhareth

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    bhareth wrote:
    Hi

Can any one help me where we will setup the Base Currency at the Company level(LCY) in Navision???? :oops: :oops:

Best Regards,
    bhareth

There is nothign to set up.

If your company is in India and user INR, and you invoice you customer in INR say for 2,500 INR.

the converison is 2,500 INR = 2,500 x 1 = 2,500 INR, so there is no conversion required.

You only need to set up the other currencies.
    David Singleton
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Just mention your currency code in the G/L setup for information. That is where it can be picked to print on reports.

No other setup required.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
    hi all ,

Thanks for your replies. :lol:

Kindly suggests me the setps that i have to do if i want to create a company which has Base currency(LCY with USD) . :oops:

Regards,
    Bhareth S B
  • rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    hi bhareth,

as far as base currency setup is concern, currency table it contains all currencies except base currency(LCY). and exchange rate of all currency is according to Base currency.

there is no facility available for base currency setup. you just define it in G/L setup. but is just for your information. it is no longer used in code or anywhere else.

thanks.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    bhareth wrote:
    hi all ,

Thanks for your replies. :lol:

Kindly suggests me the setps that i have to do if i want to create a company which has Base currency(LCY with USD) . :oops:

Regards,
    Bhareth S B

Why do you need to set up a USD database? Is this an American company in India?
    David Singleton
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    bhareth wrote:
    hi all ,

Same as you set up a company with base currency INR.
    No need to define any currency setup.
    As you consider INR as base currency for any indian company, just consider USD instead and start your work. Just enter the currency code USD over the g/l setup.
    Regards,

Deep
    India