NAS 4.0 SP3: TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED

LikidLikid Member Posts: 8
Hi,

I'm a newbie in Navision World. I've installed Navision Application Server 4.0 SP3 (NAS) with with employee portal v5.0 on a Windows 2003 Server, I've set up the server with this .cmd file:

nas.exe appservername=SRV-WSS2-CLASSIC, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=SRV-WSS, company="CRONUS France S.A.", nettype=tcp, startupparameter=NEP-1, objectcache=40000, installasservice

the server is success installed, I've modified services with:

SRV-WSS 2407/tcp #NAV test

In hosts file:

192.10.10.13 SRV-WSS

In Client, I've opened the Database with TCP connection.

In services.msc, in NAS Log On properties:
Login: .\Administrateur with correct Password

Recovery Propertie:
Restart the service on each failures.

When I restart the NAS, in eventviewer I can see this error:

The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).

You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.

Computer: SRV-WSS
Source: SRV-WSS2-CLASSIC
Event ID: 20010

pinging SRV-WSS works well

I've read a lot of posts and no way, my head is getting crazy, so I really need your help[/quote]

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    Remove that nettype option and try it.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    first of all try to connect that database with Microsoft Dynamics Nav client.
    and if you successfully connect with that database and company with client then remove that NETTYPE option. and try that whole string in command prompt.

eg

nas appservername="SRV-WSS2-CLASSIC1", servername="SRV-WSS", company="CRONUS France S.A.", startupparameter="NEP-1", objectcache=40000, installasservice

hope it will work.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • LikidLikid Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Rajesh,

I tried to connect the database with NAV Client successfull, I have set up a new server without NETTYPE option. But it doesn't work better and I always have the same error message.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Try to run the NAS from DOS as follows:
    nas.exe appservername=SRV-WSS2-CLASSIC, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=SRV-WSS, company="CRONUS France S.A.", startupparameter=NEP-1, objectcache=40000

This to check if it works. This is easier then with

BTW:
    1) you must be sure your current Windows user can login into Navision (try this first by running the client, using Windows-login.
    2) in the string to install the NAS, you had 2 times NETTYPE in it (this shouldn't give problems, but lets try to remove one anyway.
    3) has your local admin (.\administrateur) permissions to connect to the DB? Probably you need to use a domain admin (or a new login created specially for the NAS)
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If the DB Server is running on another server than the NAS, you cannot run the NAS under local administrator. This account will not be known on the remote server and will not have access to it. Try to use another user account (e.g. your own).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I'm sorry but i'm doing a work experience, I'm a 1st year student and my knowlegde is limited, the administrator is not here this afternoon, so I will wait for monday to continue my work.
    Thanks for your help, maybe I will need it again.
    Have a nice day.
    Hi,

now I've created a SQL server by this command:

nassql.exe appservername="SRV-WSS-SQL", NETTYPE=TCP, servername="SRV-WSS",database=navision ,company="CRONUS France S.A.", startupparameter="NEP-1", objectcache=40000, installasservice

in SQL Server 2005, the database is created with full admin login (WSSAdmin), wich is the same in NAV client.

I have created database on Navision and I can connect successfull on the NAV database called navision, with the Windows login (WSSAdmin).

No TCP/IP error ^^

But, the new error is:

This message is for C/AL programmers:

Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by
    GUID={10E1E859-EEEA-4676-808B-F3A8A89B4DB2} 2.0:{1E2E223F-CC93-4629-8EA5-9593EF40D072}:'NEP Queuehandler'.MessageQueueListener.
    Check

I have created the nep_key_reply and the nep_key_request, with fullControl properties.
    In Employee Portal Application Server Setup:

Key exchange Request Queue: srv-wss\private$\nep_key_request
    Key exchange Reply Queue: srv-wss\private$\nep_key_reply

(also tried with FormatName:DIRECT=TCP:192.10.10.13\private$\nep_key_reply)

When I run Administration => Employee Portal => Setup => Security => Create Back end Key-pair. It seems to work, in event log I've got this error:
    Erreur lors de la réception de la clé privée principale. (Error while recept primary private key)

The server doesn't seems to be running, what do you think about this?
    Solved by uninstalling navision Server, employee portal and client. then reinstall, it works!