Navision On Terminal Server - Running Old Object Versions

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

We appear to have an issue where users running Navision through Terminal Server do not always end up running the latest version of the application objects, even after exiting Navision and logging off/back on again. Is this a known issue? I understand there may be a quick fix by setting the Object Cache=0 but this will degrade performance? This only affects the users through Terminal Server.

Navision client and objects are 3.70, using SQL Server 2000 database.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Are you sure that they close the Navision-session? It seems a weird problem.

Don't set the object cache to 0. Performance will degrade a lot!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    This is surely an issue as I have also faced. My client is running 4.0 SP3 over WTS. Whenever there is any application object update, the clients which access through WTS found the previous objects even after logging off and logging in again to NAV immediately.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Hi,

We appear to have an issue where users running Navision through Terminal Server do not always end up running the latest version of the application objects, even after exiting Navision and logging off/back on again. Is this a known issue? I understand there may be a quick fix by setting the Object Cache=0 but this will degrade performance? This only affects the users through Terminal Server.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

I never had such problem.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi,

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Interestingly I had a similar problem last week. The user was 200% sure they had logged off, but they were still accessing the old objects. So I logged into Citrix, and watched them in Terminal Services Manager. They repeated the process of logging off a few times, but their session remained in Citrix. In the end I just killed their session and they logged back in again.

But for sure the issue was that they had not really logged out of Citrix.

Oh and since they were running NAV as an application and not a full desktop, it means that NAV was running the whole time.
    David Singleton
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Hi,

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan
    Interestingly I had a similar problem last week. The user was 200% sure they had logged off, but they were still accessing the old objects. So I logged into Citrix, and watched them in Terminal Services Manager. They repeated the process of logging off a few times, but their session remained in Citrix. In the end I just killed their session and they logged back in again.

But for sure the issue was that they had not really logged out of Citrix.

Oh and since they were running NAV as an application and not a full desktop, it means that NAV was running the whole time.
    ditto here, been running it on terminal server for 8 years, version 2 to 4, and everytime the user has sworn they logged off, I get in there session and watch it, they don't log off all the way, I point it out, and they say oh you mean log off all the way
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    "you can not trust anyone"... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Completely logging off clears the object cache. It always does. If you don't get the new version of the object, the user is simply not logging out.

I've seen many times on Citrix where people say they logged off when in fact they just clicked the 'x', which just closes the session and leaves it active in the Citrix server's memory. You pick it right back up when you start Citrix again, especially when it's published as an app. It is annoying, because it's the same way you'd normally close out of NAV.