Need help on automation

ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
Hi

When I am selecting one automation from automation object list , it is giving "The length of the text string exceeds the size of the string buffer"

I understand that some of the classnames or interface names exceeds the length , as navision text length is only 1024.

Can any body tell me how to figureout the option or class which exceeded the string lengnth.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay
Ajay

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    Which type of automation object are u using ? what type of operation you are doing. give me brief idea about it.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
    I have registered on .dll to Navision. I try to access that dll from the Automation Object List. Instead of showing all the classes, it is giving the string length problem. How can I see all the class names to figure out which class is exceeding the length.
    Is there any way to see all the classes.
    Ajay
    When we select the automation from the automation object list. It will load the classes .

Can anybody tell me what is the table for that classes
    Ajay
    Hi Everybody

I have declared a variable with datatype Automation. I have selected one automation from the automation servers. When we select automation server , first it will load all the interface/class names to the Automation Object List form.

Is there any limitation on the length of the Class Names. Becuase from Navision 5.0 when I select my automation server, it is only accepting upto 49 characters as interface/class names.

If the length of the interface/class exceeds 49 characters, It is giving "The length of the text string exceeds the size of the string buffer" and it is not loading any of the class names.

Could anybody please help me in this issue

Thanks and Regards
    Ajay
    Ajay
    Can anybody help on this issue
    Ajay
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It's a limitation of NAV. You can create a wrapper for it.
    I suggest you contact MS.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Jorge_Torres_[MSFT]Jorge_Torres_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 29
    Hi everybody,

This limitation should not exist in NAV 2009 SP1.

Regards,

Jorge
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”