Problem with "Copy-paste" in Nav 3.60

misacrnimisacrni Member Posts: 6
Hi all,
I have a problem, my client wants to forbid delete in one of his tables. I tried everything, permissions on the insert form, user permissions, table properties – paste is valid (No ).When you mark the record and click delete or F4 system forbids delete, but with Copy Paste you can easily delete records. I’m out of ideas…
](*,)

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    but with Copy Paste you can easily delete records. I’m out of ideas…

what does this mean?you can do ctrl + x but not F4 :shock: ?what's the form you're talking about?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • misacrnimisacrni Member Posts: 6
    No, I mean select for example 2 records, then pres copy (Ctrl+C), then leave those lines selected and pres Paste (Ctrl+V). Because of the table property Paste is valid (No.), system reports an Error Paste is not allowed!, but result is that those two lines are deleted. User does not have permission to delete from that table, and form permission to delete is set to No.
    The form (tabular type of form) and the table are made by me for customer specific add on.
    this is a known issue: do a (technical) upgrade to 4.03 (I don't remember if sp2 is sufficient) and it will be ok
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    also, if you set editable = no for the form, you can't paste in it...
    but I suppose you have to maintain Mod and Ins permissions....
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    this is a known issue: do a (technical) upgrade to 4.03 (I don't remember if sp2 is sufficient) and it will be ok

Do you mean to upgrade database from 3.60 to 4.03? What includes techical upgrade?
    yes, I mean upgrade the database.
    you can upgrade your db to 4.03 or above:
    -totally (business logic and tech upgrade), but you have to merge customization with objects in the 403 version, and this process can be very time consuming.

-technical upgrade: you do a backup of your db, create a new 4.03 db with your 3.60 customized objects and you restore the backup on this 4.03 db.
    With tech upgrade you are not obliged to merge objects, as you maintain your old ones.
    Hope it's clear 8-[
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Yes, thank you. But upgrade is not an option in this case. Not for 1 table and form. :o I was hoping for a simple solution. You sad that this is known issue in Nav 3.60, so I will look up some information on partner source.

Thanks again, :wink:
    i said "known" because a lot of people know this issue...(i saw a similar topic about this problem) but i don't know if it is listed in "known issues"...try with "what's new in 4.03" :wink:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    yes, known issue:
    :mrgreen:
    "changes in nav 40sp2"doc
    P1) Using Copy/Paste To Tables With Property “PasteIsValid=No”
    Error

If you had a table with the property “PastelsValid=No” and you used the shortcut keys (Ctrl C and Ctrl V) to copy records, the records would be removed from where you were copying from.
    This has been corrected
    fin.exe
    fixsql.exe
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Thanks man, you helped me a lot.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    misacrni wrote:
    Hi all,
    I have a problem, my client wants to forbid delete in one of his tables. I tried everything, permissions on the insert form, user permissions, table properties – paste is valid (No ).When you mark the record and click delete or F4 system forbids delete, but with Copy Paste you can easily delete records. I’m out of ideas…
    ](*,)

What version are you on including service pack. Of course as Belias says, best is to upgrade to the latest executables (Technical upgrade), which would be 5.00 SP1, but if you can't (say if your country does not have the version, or you are not on a support plan then there is a service pack for 3.60 that fixes this, it might even have been a hot fix).
    David Singleton