RUNMODAL - passing output device or preview mode

itmanager00itmanager00 Member Posts: 7
is there a way to pass the current output device form currreport to the REPORT.RUNMODAL?

i have a report which needs to have the output from a subreport added to the end. i am looking for a way to 'append' the output of the subreport to the output of the currreport. in fact if there is a way to do this seamlessly that would be better.

i have tried to adjust and runmodal as well as report.run with no success. turning the req form on / off only caused the subreport to display it's output on the default printer.

if the user selects preview mode the subreport sneds the output to the default printer.

if the user selects a different printer the sub report still sends the output to the default printer.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

ken edwards
itmanager00@msn.com
Tempur+Sealy International
Lexington, Kentucky

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    In the long run your best solution will be to convert them to PDFs and join them that way.

Otherwise you are going to need to merge the code of both reports, and I am guessing that that is not an option.
    David Singleton
  • itmanager00itmanager00 Member Posts: 7
    well - i couldnt find a way to join them in code because they use separate tables which are not relational.

the only other way was to have the first report call the second report.

the problem is the operator. in most cases they will print to the default printer - which is great. but some have already expressed an interest in viewing on the screen. in this case it would be nice to have a way to run both reports to the same preview mode if the operator selects that type of output.

navision reporting poses some interesting challenges when trying to nest subreports.
    Tempur+Sealy International
    Lexington, Kentucky
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    well - i couldnt find a way to join them in code because they use separate tables which are not relational.

the only other way was to have the first report call the second report.

This is not a problem. You can have different tables on the first level of dataitems. Biggest problem is to pass filters from outside for both dataitems... but can be solved through codeuits or running the report through Report Variable...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.