Multiple Production Orders for Make-to-Order Item

mjopatrnymjopatrny Member Posts: 19
I've got an issue with production orders for an MTO item and its MTO subassemblies. I am using Nav 5.0 SP1. In my case, all manufactured items have Reordering Policy = "Order" and Manufacturing Policy= "Make-to-Order".

When I manually create the Production Order for the finished part and refresh. I get the following lines:

10000 Fin Part (Planning Level Code 0)
20000 Assy A (Planning Level Code 1)
30000 Assy B (Planning Level Code 1)
40000 SubAssy A (Planning Level Code 2)

However, when I generate the production order through the Planning Worksheet I get two production orders:

Production Order 1
10000 Fin Part (Planning Level Code 0)

Production Order 2
10000 Assy A (Planning Level Code 1)
20000 Assy B (Planning Level Code 1)
30000 SubAssy A (Planning Level Code 2)

The second production order maintains all of the indentations and planning levels. I am driving the Planning Worksheet off of a single sales order for the finished part.

In my implementation, I need all of the MTO lines to appear on the same production order as they do in the manual prod order example.

Does anyone know why this is occurring? ](*,)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Mike Opatrny

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Have you tried to do this i an earlier version? I'm pretty sure it works the way you describe that all items are on one Pod.order. This could be an error in 5.0 SP1. have in mind that in 5.0 SP1 the code för the planning engine has been rewritten.
    Also have you tried to create to Prod.order directly from the sales order? and what is the result in that case?.
    Mike Opatrny