What is this err - Could not load the selected type library?

ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
Hi Experts!

Do you Experts know what is this error and what I can do to fix it?
Could not load the selected type library.

Yours,
IP

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It means you some object is using a dll that has not been registered in the system. Did you install Navision or just copy it? In case you just copied it, start with installing it. Probably this solves the problem.

In the other case it gets more difficult : you need to find the object with the problem and check on another computer where the dll is registered to know which dll it is.

BTW : can you give some better titles to your topics? I just noticed you have 4 topics with (almost) the same title but they are all different problems. It can also help future searches made by persons with a certain problem.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
    Thanks for advice. My Navision is installed. By the way, I found instructions, how to act with the problem I have: http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=5. Anyway, these instructions don't tell me how to find the name of the OCX/DLL that is being used. Can you help me with that?

Thanks also for your other advice. I try to figure out some better titles in future.

Yours,
    IP
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Imaspal wrote:
    Thanks for advice. My Navision is installed. By the way, I found instructions, how to act with the problem I have: http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=5. Anyway, these instructions don't tell me how to find the name of the OCX/DLL that is being used. Can you help me with that?
    That is the difficult part.
    It is the reason I said to find the object that generates the problem and search a PC that doesn't have the problem. On that PC you can open the object and see the name of the DLL/OCX that has the problem. This helps to give an idea which file is missing or not registered.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!