Error message while prcessing code unit

dfishpondzdfishpondz Member Posts: 6
I am getting the following error message while I am processing my in-house code units...

"The call to membe Open failed. ADODB.Connection returned the following message: Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another."

I have been running these code units for about a year without any problems.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You didn't post the exact error code but you can search MS Support for errors like this too.

See Here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... us;Q254517

if it's an 800aobb9 error

See Here Fore More:
    http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/800a0bb9.asp
  • dfishpondzdfishpondz Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the reference. There was no error code in the message.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    so these code units workded fine for a while & now you have a new error?

Did anything Different?

If trying to access a different drive - did you look to see if the drive is still connected?

If it's on a network, you have checked that the network is having no problems?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    dfishpondz wrote:
    I am getting the following error message while I am processing my in-house code units...

"The call to membe Open failed. ADODB.Connection returned the following message: Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another."

I have been running these code units for about a year without any problems.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I guess you are making an ADO connection to another Database? Did anything change with that database?
    David Singleton
  • dfishpondzdfishpondz Member Posts: 6
    I have my DB team checking into that. However, I have a separate NAV DB on the same instance of SQL that is running just fine.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For me it seems that there are some records with NULL variables which you cannot process in NAV...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    write you into the navision database from other applications like php :?:
    Note, that Navision doesn't allow NULL values in fields an fields like smallinteger must have 0 or 1. If this is not, navision shows an error message
    Do you make it right, it works too!