Excise treatment on Purchase return order

aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
Hi all,
When we post Purchase Return Order with Excise amount, The system reduces the Cenvat credit Recevable Account rather than addding the same in the Excise payable G/L account.

In case os Sales return the system is working fine. Excise amount is added in the Cenvat credit receivable acc.

What are your views as far as Purchase return is concerned

Waiting for your valuable views

Comments

• jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Take a look at the Posting Setup for the combination of Gen. Bus. Posting Group and Gen. prod. Posting Group of the particular Purchase Return Order, as well as the Vendor Posting Setup for the particular Vendor Posting Group. BTW, I don't know what you're referring by Cenvat and Excise...
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The treatment of excise differs when u use Purchase Return Order and Credit Memo.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    hi aps_mbs,
    here in excise setup Cenvat Cr. Rceivable Account is basically used for inward movement of excisable goods. while Excise Payable Account is used for outward movement of excisable goods.

thats it.

hope it helps.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
    Thanks for the reply.
    As you said the Excise Payable Account is used for outward movement of excisable goods, what if I follow the practice of Purchase Return through my Excise Invoice?
    Shouldn't I post the excise Amount in the Excise Payable as I am sending the purchased goods on my Excise invoice?

Sorry for the late reply.......
    Do let me know your views.