How to enter multiple lines in Navision

himadripaulhimadripaul Member Posts: 21
Due to the limitation of the Max length of Text field of 250 character, we need to develop an alternative approach where from Navision Sales Order interface, we need to open a Word like editor where user can enter his/her observations (may be thousands of lines) and it will get saved in the system along with “Sales Order” No & “Sale-to-Customer No.”.

Can the entire document be saved in a Table field (BLOB or some other data type which can store large volume of data) of Navision.

Once the data is stored, we need to view the data in Word like editor (in NON EDITABLE) mode from other interface (Posted) based on “Sales Order” No & “Sale-to-Customer No.”.

Is any FREE .dll available which we can user in Navision to enter multiple lines.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Take a look at Waldos "Navision Notepad" (mhm, is this a kind of promotion what i do here ;-) )

I's a very simple solution and it's easy to customize.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7941

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • himadripaulhimadripaul Member Posts: 21
    Hi garak,

Thanks for your reply. I have already implemented it, but the word like features are not available (for exp, color the font, make it bold, underline etc). So I am looking for an alternative to get all the facilities.
    but you can customize this.

Or you use Word for this. Word gives us here a DLL.
    Take a Look at variable AUTOMATION "'Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library'.Application". for example in CU "WordManagement" (5054)

if you have 5.0 you can also use the style sheets
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Hi garak,

Thanks for your reply. I have already implemented it, but the word like features are not available (for exp, color the font, make it bold, underline etc). So I am looking for an alternative to get all the facilities.

:)

This is right. The goal I had with my NavPad was to create some kind of tool to be able to insert readable text into NAV. If you want the format of the text as well (bold, colors, etc), you got two options:
    - use tags within the text: this way, the text would not be "readable" enough anymore in NAV:
    - save the text in a blob file (may be the worddoc into the blob... )

Anyway, this was not the way I wanted to go ... sorry :oops:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • himadripaulhimadripaul Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for all of your supports. We have developed this using "WordManagement" (5054) codeunit and introducing a BLOB field to store the document as an attachment.
    Can you please write [solved] in subject.

Thanks