Sesssion showing only one and got more than 1 user login

apples12apples12 Member Posts: 17
When i open my navision, i go to database->information, in the session tab, i only see one person log in that is me and all other my user log in in not show.

the information only show 1. but actually have 5~6 user is log in at same time.

May i know why?

we also face the issues is that , for navision, the information should be update after we leave the field, but we find out that our information is update after we close the form.... #-o ...

anybody can help me.

we are using navision 4.0 S3 and SQL is 2005.
Thank.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This is a known "problem" of the your version on MS SQL 2005. You need to enable trace flag 4616 on the MS SQL server (search on this forum for this flag or SQL on-line help). This is because common user has no permissions to see other sessions on MS SQL 2005.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    apples12 wrote:
    we also face the issues is that , for navision, the information should be update after we leave the field, but we find out that our information is update after we close the form.... #-o ...

anybody can help me.

Thank.

No you are wrong. Navision SHOULD NOT update when you leave a field. It is working correctly.
    David Singleton
  • anuragatishanuragatish Member Posts: 48
    Traceflag makes server-level metadata visible to application roles.

There are several ways to enable or disable a trace flag in Sql Server. The easiest way is to do it in the Sql Server Configuration Manager:

In the Configuration Manager you then go to the properties of the Sql Server service (default is MSSQLSERVER):

In the Advanced tab, select the StartUp parameters and add ;-T4616 at the end and then click on Ok:
    Anurag atish
    Navision Technical Consultant
    Bangalore
    anurag.atish@yahoo.com
  • mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
    kine Wrote:
    This is a known "problem" of the your version on MS SQL 2005. You need to enable trace flag 4616 on the MS SQL server (search on this forum for this flag or SQL on-line help). This is because common user has no permissions to see other sessions on MS SQL 2005.

The session only show my session only even after enabling the trace flag 4616 on the MSSQL. The server has been rebooted and re-open Navision client and yet it still the same.

I think without enabling T4616, Navision client can't open SQL2005 Navision database. But this is not our problem. thanks.

Thank for anyone help
  • apples12apples12 Member Posts: 17
    apples12 wrote:

anybody can help me.

Thank.

No you are wrong. Navision SHOULD NOT update when you leave a field. It is working correctly.

but navision Should update after the i leave the primary key...am i right?
    not until i close the form?

All navision is only update the information to database after close the form?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    kine Wrote:
    Quote:

The session only show my session only even after enabling the trace flag 4616 on the MSSQL. The server has been rebooted and re-open Navision client and yet it still the same.

I think without enabling T4616, Navision client can't open SQL2005 Navision database. But this is not our problem. thanks.

Thank for anyone help

All versions until NAV 4.00SP3 (and I do not know the update which...) can open the SQL 2005 without the traceflag but user see just own session. The traceflag is required since specific version.

Are you sure, that the traceflag is enabled correctly? Try to run this SQL statement from Management Studio:
    DBCC TRACESTATUS(4616,-1)

You need to see values 1 in Status and Global column.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    apples12 wrote:
    Navision SHOULD NOT update when you leave a field. It is working correctly.

but navision Should update after the i leave the primary key...am i right?
    not until i close the form?

All navision is only update the information to database after close the form?
    By default:
    • Navision forms insert a new record into the database when primary key fields are entered. You can turn this behavior off by turning on the "DelayedInsert" property of the form.
    • Other than that, records are NOT written to the database after validating individual fields
    • Records are updated when the user leaves the record, by pressing page up/down or by closing the form.
    • The exception is when people program field validation triggers to update the record, and I've also seen programming like this on forms, something we should try and avoid at all cost
  • mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
    kine wrote:
    kine Wrote:
    Quote:

Thank for anyone help

All versions until NAV 4.00SP3 (and I do not know the update which...) can open the SQL 2005 without the traceflag but user see just own session. The traceflag is required since specific version.

Are you sure, that the traceflag is enabled correctly? Try to run this SQL statement from Management Studio:
    DBCC TRACESTATUS(4616,-1)

You need to see values 1 in Status and Global column.

I remember that without traceflag is enabled my Laptop Vista OS could not open Navision SQL database properly. Below URL is my reference how to enable the traceflag.
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/archive/2007/05/28/dynamics-nav-on-vista.aspx

What I understand the current session is displaying Navision system table called Session. If I try to create a new form, look for this system table and run the form. Though there are some others users connecting to the same Nav database, it only has one record in it. This is not true indeed. 8-[

Again this Navision session table is a reflecting from the SQL view object called Session. Currently there are many records in this view and it is shows a full information of user sessions. :o
    Please correct me if my understanding is not rite.
    Is it :bug: then :?: :-k :-s
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    mandyk wrote:

Assuming that such information (how many users are connected to database) is not relevant for everyone, but for IT guys? - make your username to be an administrator on the machine (where SQL is running). Then you should be able to see correct no. of sessions used.
  • CEDROWAN01CEDROWAN01 Member Posts: 10
    Hey all,

I've got traceflag 4616 enabled, and I've amended the Sessions View in SQL to be SELECT DISTINCT...

Users can access Database\Information\Sessions and see all users logged in.

My 3 superusers do the same and only see 1 session.

The only difference between the groups of users above is that the superusers have the db_owner permission granted in SQL. Removing this permission allows the superuser to see all sessions.

Anybody got an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks

- Rowan
  • RMarcRMarc Member Posts: 36
    I had this problem in Nav 5.0 with SQL Server 2005 and solved it by activating the Securityadmin server function in the SQL Server login for your user.
  • CEDROWAN01CEDROWAN01 Member Posts: 10
    Re-checked the SQL Setup:

SUs had been given db_owner at database level, but not sysadmin at system level.

Added and now works fine.