Export report to Word/Excel?

mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
Just a quick question - is it possible to use built in Nav 5.0 functionality to export reports to word/excel? It seems to only work for forms, but in style sheet table there is an option value "report" for object type..

has anyone done it?

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    hi,

yes it is possible to export report to data to excel/word. this issues has bee raised so many times. search the forum.

bye the way, you can export data to excel in two way.

1, you can use excel buffer table available in navision.
    2, you can create excel automation object. and export report data.

hope it helpful to u.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    that wasn't exactly what i've asked. i've asked about using xml stylesheets of Nav 5.0 to do that.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi mrQQ,

The direct answer to your question is no. As Rajesh says the best options are to use automation or the quick and dirty saveashtml.

I don't think there is a plan to introduce this in the future as MS are pushing SQL reporting services as the way to go.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    yeah, i guess so. i was just hoping, that since they had "report" option value there.. :)
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    I was under the impression that if you know how to edit a xlst sheet you can export your data to excel. In Word it is easier.
  • mama Member Posts: 23
    Hi everybody,
    Is this true that Stylesheet Tool makes sense only when NAV is running on SQL Server?
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

No stylesheet work under Nav navite DB as well
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    Style sheets work in Native and SQL.
    Well it works in general when I create new sheets.
    But I haven't received any data in Word when I "sent form" from the Native database... And with SQL database everything is OK.
    BTW, has anyone managed with Stylesheet Tool the output similar to the following?
    Output Items List, but in addition to each Item No. output (below it) all connected Item Ledger Entries.

Item 1
    item ledger entriy
    item 2
    item ledger entry

Although it's possible to set "Multiple Lines" property to both Item and related Item Ledger Entry, the second range of records seems to be ignored.
    ma wrote:
    Well it works in general when I create new sheets.
    But I haven't received any data in Word when I "sent form" from the Native database... And with SQL database everything is OK.

Don't no about this problem