Regarding Unit cost Updation.

DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
Dear All.

COnsider this scenario.
I have a fresh blank transaction DB. I do not have the Unit COsts of my Finished Items.
First I import the Item Openings on opening date with NULL unit cost.
Secondly, I made some positive adjustments for production from the opening date to current date again with NULL unit cost.

Now, when I have got the data regarding the Unit Costs of item on Current date, I am using revaluation journal from back date for these items to mark their unit costs, and then will run the costing batch jobs.

Is this process OK or there is some lacuna???
Please comment.
Regards,

Deep
India

Comments

• DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
    Deep

Your solution works. The average cost, standard cost and unit cost fields on the Item card are updated once the revaluation journal is posted.

Regards,
    Dev
  • dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
    What happens if the revaluation journal is done for a positive adjustment entry type line when it is already consumed(i.e, the remaining quantity for that entry is zero).
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    dynuser wrote:
    What happens if the revaluation journal is done for a positive adjustment entry type line when it is already consumed(i.e, the remaining quantity for that entry is zero).

if the remaining quantity for that entry is Zero , then there is no chance to revalue that inventory.

Revaluation journal only consider that entries where the remaining quantity is not Zero.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    dynuser wrote:

if the remaining quantity for that entry is Zero , then there is no chance to revalue that inventory.

Revaluation journal only consider that entries where the remaining quantity is not Zero.

You can fill the revaluation journal manually in the revaluation journal for that item, use "applies-to entry no" and select the positive entry to revalue for which quantity is not remaining,
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    dynuser wrote:

[-X Not Always.
    Kapil Khanna