Options

Permissions to save object with an id < 50000

RudiRutscheRudiRutsche Member Posts: 30
edited 2008-05-16 in SQL General
What SQL Permissions are needet for a user to give him the right so save objects with an id smaller than 50000 ???

This is not an liscense problem, thinks worked perfect when the user super was sysadmin on the sql server.

Since i took away this permission the user is not able to save anythink with an id smaller than 50000.

To get more time to figure out what the problem is, i granded sysadmin rights to super again, but this took no effect.

Anyone who could help me?

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, this IS license problem. You cannot create objects wiht ID less than 50000 if you are not Microsoft... [-X

May be you just thought that you can, but you cannot... you can just create fields with no. <50000 in tables you have created... or you can "create" the objects through importing FOB file, but I am sure that you cannot as a partner or customer...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Sorry Rudi, this is not possible. [-X

With your license you can only create objects between 50000 and 99999.

But the range between 1 and 49999 is for Microsoft.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    I don`t want to CREATE an object, i want to alter and save it.

When the user has got the sql SERVER ROLE sysadmin, this works perfect (for example add an field TESTINT with the ID 50001 to table 5071 Campain)

I tried to give the user the database right db_owner, db_datawriter,db_datareader and db_ddladmin...

With this configuration there is no problem to create and alter objects between 50000 and 99999.
  • Options
    This is the configuration needed:

Server role: public (standard)

db roles: db_datawriter,db_datareader, db_ddladmin and db_securityadmin