Large values for "Correction of remaining amount"

AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
Hello everyone, I'm working on a W1 4.0 SP2 database and the question came up as to the large amounts posting to certain accounts. The only place this account is listed in the setup is under Customer Posting Groups-> Debit/Credit Rounding Account. These accounts are for posting rounding differences during application between currencies, but I have many examples where this figure is huge: 96,000 EUR, 150,000 EUR, etc. and they are listed in the detailed customer ledger entries next to "Correction for remaining amount".

The base currency is now in Euro and was formerly in DKK, the conversion took place at the beginning of January. The application currency in most cases is USD.

I couldn't find anything on these forums, on the web, the MS manuals don't explain it beyond what the online help does, and there are no detailed ledger entries with the "Correction of remaining amount" entry type in Cronus, even the one I've run lots of multicurrency trials through. Most of the transactions I'm dealing with have 24+ detailed customer ledger entries, so I'm not seeing any order to how they are created or why. Could it be related to the Euro conversion in any way? Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Maybe you forgot to update exchange rates for last year and now it calculates difference?
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    i4tost wrote:
    Maybe you forgot to update exchange rates for last year and now it calculates difference?

The exchange rates were updated historically in the currency table to reflect the change from DKK to EUR, so an example of a 2007 entry in the currency table for USD would be 100USD = 66.48 EUR (blank).