Options

SQL Server 2005 + Dynamics NAV 5.0 User logins

taher.bhataher.bha Member Posts: 48
edited 2008-05-15 in SQL General
Hi All,
Am having problems when trying to add Database users to Dynamics NAV 5.0
Am getting the followinf message when running the syncgronisation from navision :
'The SQL Server login USER1 does not exist on the MYSERVER server.'

I have been looking for similar issues for hours with no success.
The following link is giving some answers for sql server 2K
viewtopic.php?t=22638&highlight=sql+server+authentication
But I am using SQL SERVER 2005 and NAV 5.0.
In a test machine running both Nav 5.0 and SQl 2005, all what i have to to do is adding the login using SQL Server Management Studio and then run the synchronisation from Dynamics NAV. That Works.
But for the current Implentation things seem to be different. It seems to be a matter of permissions. I event tried to give sysadmin role to USER1

Can anyone give me the steps necessary to do that, am i missing some thing ?

Thx for any advice,

Answers

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Did you install the extended procedures on your master database? 2005 does not do that automatically.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All depends on permissions of user, under who you are adding the users into the NAV. Is this sysadmin? Or which permissions on SQL has this account used to add the users? Have you created the users first on SQL server before you add them in NAV?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hi all and tx for your prompt replies.

As explained earlier, I am trying to use Database Logins not Windows Logins. I think that the extended stored procedures are only required for the Windows logins. I made the verification, both xp_ndo_enumusergroups and xp_ndo_enumusersids are correctly installed and Windows Logins can login correctly to Nav. That's a solution but in my case, the use of Database Logins is mandatory.

I used SA login so as to create the USER1 login. Also tried creating other users First on SQL Server then on Nav. Am still having the same message.

Can anybody give me the "normal" steps necessary to do that. As explained in my first post, my problem is that it works fine on my test machine : the only thing i got to do is to create the login on the SQL Server, not even configuring permissions on the NAV database was necessary.

Thx again.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For how to create the user refer the documentation on NAV install CD1 in DOC folder (w1w1isql.pdf).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    taher.bha wrote:
    Hi all and tx for your prompt replies.

As explained earlier, I am trying to use Database Logins not Windows Logins. I think that the extended stored procedures are only required for the Windows logins. I made the verification, both xp_ndo_enumusergroups and xp_ndo_enumusersids are correctly installed and Windows Logins can login correctly to Nav. That's a solution but in my case, the use of Database Logins is mandatory.

I used SA login so as to create the USER1 login. Also tried creating other users First on SQL Server then on Nav. Am still having the same message.

Can anybody give me the "normal" steps necessary to do that. As explained in my first post, my problem is that it works fine on my test machine : the only thing i got to do is to create the login on the SQL Server, not even configuring permissions on the NAV database was necessary.

Thx again.

On SQL:
    - create user
    - assign user to database [if you create a user, but do not map it to any database, you will still probably get an error message when synchronizing, that user does not exist)

On NAV:
    - create user
    - assign permission
    - synchronize
  • Options
    I resolved my problem \:D/ by running the synchronization using SA login.
    The problem seems to be due to unsufficient rights for the SUPER user. I created the users into SQL using the SA login but i was using SUPER login to run Synchro. This login has all navision rights but not sufficient permissions on SQL Server to run the synchronization.
    Thank you all !
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    taher.bha wrote:
    I resolved my problem \:D/ by running the synchronization using SA login.
    The problem seems to be due to unsufficient rights for the SUPER user. I created the users into SQL using the SA login but i was using SUPER login to run Synchro. This login has all navision rights but not sufficient permissions on SQL Server to run the synchronization.
    Thank you all !

Are you running on NAV 5 or NAV5 with SP1 ?
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    To avoid to have to always synchronize, change the Security Model to standard.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!