Correcting Wrongly Finished Production Orders?

adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
NAV 4.3

Hello,

Our production person here accidentally "finished" a ton of production orders. It's a real mess, and we can make journal entries to correct the values, but I was wondering if there was a different way to undo this mistake.

I don't believe there is without extensive coding and implementer/developer time.

He was using the "Change Production Order Status" form, and when he tried to change the status of an order which still had remaining consumption to be run, a prompt appeared. It stated "Are you sure you want to change the status to finished on Prod###?" He hit yes. Then it reappeared with the next prod order.. etc.. he kept clicking yes.

Anyways, is there anything that can be done? There doesn't appear to be a simple "reverse transaction" or "undo change" button to solve this.

Thanks.

-Adam

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Adam,

Unfortunately there no standard way to bring the status back after finishing a production order :(

Finishing a production order is very final. You can correct the inventory with item journal but the big problem is assigning the cost and the production efficency is incorrect. There are other post I have seen on this issue - have a search and see if someone has suggestion for a complete solution
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    adamEthan wrote:
    NAV 4.3

Hello,

Our production person here accidentally "finished" a ton of production orders. It's a real mess, and we can make journal entries to correct the values, but I was wondering if there was a different way to undo this mistake.

I don't believe there is without extensive coding and implementer/developer time.

He was using the "Change Production Order Status" form, and when he tried to change the status of an order which still had remaining consumption to be run, a prompt appeared. It stated "Are you sure you want to change the status to finished on Prod###?" He hit yes. Then it reappeared with the next prod order.. etc.. he kept clicking yes.

Anyways, is there anything that can be done? There doesn't appear to be a simple "reverse transaction" or "undo change" button to solve this.

Thanks.

-Adam

It is not a big mod to write a function to "Un-Finish" production orders.
    David Singleton
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    A way to correct this is to make it possible to post output an consumption on finished production orders. This is done by modifications in table 83 and codeunit 22. There is an example of the modification on partner source.
    A way to correct this is to make it possible to post output an consumption on finished production orders. This is done by modifications in table 83 and codeunit 22. There is an example of the modification on partner source.

I guess its a case of personal preference, and the specific customer need. For me that advantage of "un finishing" is that the user can just then work normally, but I can see logic in doing it this way also.
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    noname wrote:

where can I find this document.
    A client of mine needs to fix some entries that were posted with wrong qty. And other entries posted with wrong time.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    ara3n wrote:
    noname wrote:

where can I find this document.
    A client of mine needs to fix some entries that were posted with wrong qty. And other entries posted with wrong time.
    I'm currently looking for this too. After one year my client discovered that the setup time was far to high. :roll:
    Kai Kowalewski
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't have the object, but what I did was make a copy of Change Status report and made the changes to allow to select a finished production order and change the status to released.

It wasn't a lot of work. You should also look at fields that are used for adjust cost if the changes you are making affect the cost of the finished good. Basically make sure adjust cost runs again on the finished good.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n