NAS Migration Problem

pieter.vanparyspieter.vanparys Member Posts: 10
I'm currently moving from an NAS4 to a NAS 5.0 setup. The applications consists of the NAS which listens to an MSMQ and processes incoming messages. With the 4.0 NAS everything works fine, but when I was installing the NAS 5.0 (with the same settings, user, etc) it would start the CU I wanted, but it doesn't really listen to the Message Queue anymore.

So when I sent an Message to the NAS, the OnMessageReceived methof isn(t called. I checked the CC2 object, etc, everything is set up correctly as far as I can see.

Anyone has a clue? Are there significant differences between the NAS 4 and the NAS 5.0?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you using 32bit OS or 64bit OS? MSMQ on 64bit OS is not working...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • pieter.vanparyspieter.vanparys Member Posts: 10
    kine wrote:
    Are you using 32bit OS or 64bit OS? MSMQ on 64bit OS is not working...

It's an 32bit Windows Server 2003...
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Pieter,

I had the same kind of problem. But I installed the dll from hotfix KB932172 and it started working.

hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • pieter.vanparyspieter.vanparys Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the tip! But where can I download this hotfix, I searched a little on several sites, but his hotfix is nowhere to be found.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Pieter,

Sorry for the late reply, but you will have to request this hotfix with Microsoft Support. Although it is a 4.0 dll, it solved my MSMQ problem for version 5.0.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.