Options

Modify using Basic License

SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
Hi

Is there a way to Modify the Sales Invoice Header, Using BASIC LICENSE?

The Scenario is:
I will add A field in the Sales Invoice Header, this field is use for TAGGING that the Sales Invoice Transaction is Use Check As payment in that Invoice.
Hoping foryour reply. Thanks :D

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    With Basic license you cannot modify Sales Invoice Header... sorry...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    If you have a codeunit able to change your table (created with an authorized license and containing the right authorization), when the function is called (even with a end user license) the system can make the change. There is a standard Codeunit who does that can modify Customer Ledger Entries for instance : 103 Cust. Entry-Edit.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Not directly. You'll need a developer to create a process for you to update protected tables in NAV.
  • Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    Sorry, but yes... it works, if the codeunit exists already, a report (created with a report designer licence, which is common for end user) can modify records in protected table using the already created codeunit.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • Options
    apertierraapertierra Member Posts: 61
    Sorry, but yes... it works, if the codeunit exists already, a report (created with a report designer licence, which is common for end user) can modify records in protected table using the already created codeunit.
    But since you can't compile the object with permissions to modify the sales invoice table with the basic license, sorry, but still a no for an answer.
    Modifying an object with setup permissions to restricted tables requires also a development license.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Silva wrote:
    this field is use for TAGGING that the Sales Invoice Transaction is Use Check As payment in that Invoice.

If it's just for Tagging why not use an already availavle field such as:
    1)Payment Method Code Field (Check/Cash/Credit....)
    2)Dimensions
    3)Posting Description (We find we don't use this very often if not ever)

Just set it on the Sales Order & Once Posted it will remain in your Sales Invoice header
  • Options
    SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    Hi savage,

We can only determine if is check payment,after the transaction is invoice.
  • Options
    sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    apertierra wrote:
    But since you can't compile the object with permissions to modify the sales invoice table with the basic license, sorry, but still a no for an answer.
    Modifying an object with setup permissions to restricted tables requires also a development license.

Hi,

we're having a similar issue, i.e. you don't have permissions to modify records in a sales invoice header table. this is being initiated from a customized report when trying to modify the above mentioned table.

The problem seems to be a developer vs a basic license issue. If so, what granule/s do we need to purchase to overcome this issue?

Thanks for your help
  • Options
    David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    All posting tables are protected and the only way to update them is through a codeunit.

But yes there are a couple of licences end users can buy from thier reseller:

The Application Developer Licence allows you to add tables, fields and do coding in the 50000-99999 range only, so you cannot change base objects, be aware that this also requires you to purchase the table, forms and reports designer as well.

But no that cannot do what you want!

Solution Developer will allow an end user access to all area's including code, this requires the purchase of Application Developer as well.

It is many thousands of c/shells and then you may have problems with the reseller not supporting your work :!:

So Unless you are creating a huge Navision variation for a vertical it is likely to be a lot easier, safer and more cost effective to ask you reseller to do some if not all of the work.

The way forward in this case may just be a simple report on the Customer Ledger that finds the applied payment and just prints if the payment was a check, there should be a standard field you could use to mark the payment as a check.

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Silva wrote:
    Hi savatage,
    We can only determine if is check payment,after the transaction is invoice.

Bummer. How about placing a call & asking first #-o

Seriously thou - If you were going to do something like this then I would probably put in the customer Ledger Entries instead.

But when you apply a payment you could enter Cash & Checks differently by adding say a CK before the check# or CH for cash. This is something we do in Deposits in the External Doc # field so we can keep track of checks & cash.

By viewing Applied Entries you can see with such codes like CK & CH what was cash and what wasn't

hope that made sence? :mrgreen: