NAV 5.0 - Colored Backgrounds For Report Fields

MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
Programming tells me this is impossible... are they correct? Surely, there's a work-around, an add-on, something? Please say it ain't so...

mw [-o<
I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    No color on reports. Maybe in 6.0 (NAV 2009) since it will be using SQL Reporting Services for layout.

That's only a rumor I heard. Wouldn't want to break any NDA :-$
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    Well, I'm appropriately crushed, but I do thank you for the insight. I may leave this open a little while longer in the unlikely event someone's aware of a deep dark secret that's not known to either of us.

Barring that, I'll keep working on how to deliver the bad news at the customer site. :whistle:

I appreciate your response!

mw
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is only one way around described in one post - using bitmap as a background. Create bitmap which is only gray and have size of the line and use it as background for one section. Than you need just alternate the sections with and without the bitmap to have alternating line background.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Stef-BStef-B Member Posts: 26
    I'd suggest to create the Report with Excel-Export option. If you expand the standard Excel Buffer everything in Excel is possible.
  • MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    Thank you all. I'll take these suggestions and see if I can make them work in the context of the report we must create.

mw
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You could also use SQL Reporting if they are using a SQL database.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    kine wrote:
    There is only one way around described in one post - using bitmap as a background. Create bitmap which is only gray and have size of the line and use it as background for one section. Than you need just alternate the sections with and without the bitmap to have alternating line background.

I remember that one!
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=272
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Savatage wrote:
    kine wrote:

I remember that one!
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=272

You have absolute memory? :mrgreen:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    The only way to use coloured section in Navision is to use bitmaps like Savatage wrote. An other alternative is, to use excel / word or if you have SQL 2000 (with Add-On) or SQL 2005 the Reporting Service. Here you can also "build" graphs.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!