Default dimensions with code mandatory - regarding

gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
Hi guys,

Its been a nice evening except that i am struck with one small problem with dimensions. Could anyone help me out regarding..

Actually I have attached the dimensions to G/L Accounts as default with value posting as "code mandotory" and they are multiple dimensions. Now at the time of passing entries for those accounts,how to make those dimension codes visible when we press Ctrl+Shift+D. Here i am unable to see those dimension codes. Every time i need to go to dimensions code look up, select the code and then the dimension value. But the same with the value posting as "Same Code", I see the codes along with the values. I need to have the dimension codes visible with the case value posting as "code mandatory", so that i can be able to select the values against the codes visible ( i mean the codes attached to the accounts)..

Hope i get suggestions regarding n thanq all guys in advance
Dilip
Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you use some account, the default dimensions from the account will be used. It means you need to fill the default dim. value code on the G/L account if you want to have some default value. The type mandatory means, that you can use the default or any other but you need to fill it somehow. Type "same" means that only the one value is possible and it must be same as the default value you selected. Have you selected some default dim. value when using the mandatory type?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    kine wrote:
    Have you selected some default dim. value when using the mandatory type?
    Yes, Mr.Kine I have selected the default dim. value for "Code Mandatory" type value posting. I have stuck because my customer wants even that default dim. value not to be seen when we do Ctrl+Shift+D at the time of passing entries for "Code Mandatory" type value posting. He wants only to see the default dim. codes and against those dimension codes he will fill the dimension values. With "Same Code" value posting he is OK because the value which has to get attached to the code gets by default. Can it be done #-o #-o

Its been a great support from u man for all of the mibusonians and especially me because whenever i got stuck, by some how or the other i was able to get through with your posts in the forum. Thanq somuch.
    Dilip
    Which version of objects (app version) you are using?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    Indian Localised version.
    It is NAVIN 4.0 SP3 with all the hotfixs been imported..
    Dilip
    Try to debug the function "GetDefaultDim" in codeunit 408 for why the value is not inserted. I cannot see any condition using the "value posting" field...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.