NAV 5.1 Language modules - URGENT

Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
Hi all,

I'm trying to find language modules on PartnerSource. Apparently I'm way too stupid to make MS searching facilities on PartnerSource to work for me...

Can you please send ma a link to the NAV 5.1 Language Modules download page ??

Regards,
Slawek

[edit]
Sorry, I mean NAV 5.0 SP1, not NAV 5.1
Slawek Guzek
Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi Slawek,

I just want to make a comment, which in itself is somewhat paradoxical, but I thought I would say it anyway. I want to point out that this comment is just about me and my way of participating in the community, and everyone else may feel completely different to me, so this is just IMHO.

Basically (and yes not this time of course), I never reply to ANY post that has the word "URGENT" in the topic, especially if its in all Uppercase, then I would not even open it to read the question.

I contribute to the forums on my free time, I don't get paid for it. So the idea of responding urgently to something that is based on a volunteer work force is just some how not something I feel comfortable with.

Anyway its just my opinion, and I thought I would mention it.
    David Singleton
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Hi,

Nobody know the answer because there are no language packs released yet.

How to prepare language pack by yourself ?

1. Install new client with desired language in separate location.
    2. Copy language subdirectory of CsideClient directory from newly installed to existing client
    3. open existing client, open Object Designer, choose Tools->Language Modules->Import and import language.flm file from copied directory (for English UK subdirectory will be CsideClient\ENG, and language module will be ENG.flm)
    4. restart client and you're done

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Hmm,
    ...Anyway its just my opinion, and I thought I would mention it.
    I'm wonder why don't you read emails with URGENT ? I understand that this is just your (and probably a few more people there) way, but are there any logical reasons to doing/not doing that ?

Anyway - normally I'm not using URGENT in uppercase except the cases where I really need the answer urgently.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hmm,
    ...Anyway its just my opinion, and I thought I would mention it.
    I'm wonder why don't you read emails with URGENT ? I understand that this is just your (and probably a few more people there) way, but are there any logical reasons to doing/not doing that ?

Anyway - normally I'm not using URGENT in uppercase except the cases where I really need the answer urgently.

Regards,
    Slawek

Slawek, I see no problem around the "URGENT" posts, but I personally ignore the word URGENT and I read the post as any other post. If I know, I answer. If not and I am interested in the answer, I do some research if I have time. If I have no time, I will not search for the solution and I will just add the post into my watched topics. It means that the "URGENT" flag will not help you to get answers faster than if you post it without that. I think that all members of this forum are trying to answer the posts as fast as possible. The URGENT flag has some meaning in system, where the people answering the questions have some priority system. But because on forums like this for me the priority is "first posted first read", the flag means nothing. But again, this is my personal way how to answer the questions and of course, may be someone will take into account such a flag.

It means, use this "flag" if you want, others will take it into account if they want... ;-) this is part of the freedom we have...

And answer for you: there are no language modules yet, it means your way how to create own language module is correct solution right now... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Actually : read rule 16 in the forum rules : http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9884.

But I am not sure that MS answers faster than the forum. :whistle:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Right.. I've read forum rules but it was a while ago :oops:

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek