Images in reports - invoices, etc

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I've been searching in the forums for info on this but can't find much.

I want to put a company logo on an invoice, nothing more.

The default image control only allows for a 32k bitmap - an image so small it is of no use at all.

The documentation mentions being able to use a numbered bitmap which is stored as a blob. It also mentions that the instructions on how to do this are in the c/side reference guide. I have tons of docs from the training courses, etc but I can't find anything called c/side reference guide.

Can anyone send me the url on partner source for this guide?

Alternately - how do I do this? Am I searching for the wrong terms? Is it even possible?

Ian Murphy

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    imurphy wrote:
    I've been searching in the forums for info on this but can't find much.

I want to put a company logo on an invoice, nothing more.

The default image control only allows for a 32k bitmap - an image so small it is of no use at all.

The documentation mentions being able to use a numbered bitmap which is stored as a blob. It also mentions that the instructions on how to do this are in the c/side reference guide. I have tons of docs from the training courses, etc but I can't find anything called c/side reference guide.

Can anyone send me the url on partner source for this guide?

Alternately - how do I do this? Am I searching for the wrong terms? Is it even possible?

Ian Murphy

Its not possible to display image more that 32 kb per each picture box in Report. if it is bigger than that then it would not display an image in report.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Thanks for the quick reply. From reading the documentation I've understood that it is somehow possible.
    Application designers guide, page 181:
    One of the other advantages of a picture box is that it can display pictures that are stored in BLOB fields. A BLOB field can have a size of up to 2 GB.

and
    The system provides a series of standard bitmaps that can be chosen by entering a number between 1 and 53 – see the Bitmap entry in the C/SIDE Reference Guide online Help for details.

from this I understand that navision stores 53 blobs in a table somewhere, each of which can be up to 2gb in size and which you can access by index number... the question is what table and how do you load images into it?
  • bostjanlbostjanl Member Posts: 107
    imurphy wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply. From reading the documentation I've understood that it is somehow possible.
    Application designers guide, page 181:
    One of the other advantages of a picture box is that it can display pictures that are stored in BLOB fields. A BLOB field can have a size of up to 2 GB.

and
    The system provides a series of standard bitmaps that can be chosen by entering a number between 1 and 53 – see the Bitmap entry in the C/SIDE Reference Guide online Help for details.

from this I understand that navision stores 53 blobs in a table somewhere, each of which can be up to 2gb in size and which you can access by index number... the question is what table and how do you load images into it?

You can add blob field to some (setup) table. In table 311- "Sales & Receivables Setup". Then import picture that you want to this field. Use picture from item card or company information for example.

Then use this field in your sales invoice report in picture box control. Dont forger to CALCFIELDS it first.

And bmp file should be 96 DPI.

bostjanl
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    thanks for the info bostjanl. If I understand correctly you are saying I can add extra fields (columns) of type blob to the 311 table.

How do you link a picture control to a blob in this table?

I am trying to modify the standard invoice - do I need to modify the underlying table/query the report is based on to include a left join to the 311 table so that the fields are available?

Ian
  • bostjanlbostjanl Member Posts: 107
    imurphy wrote:
    thanks for the info bostjanl. If I understand correctly you are saying I can add extra fields (columns) of type blob to the 311 table.

How do you link a picture control to a blob in this table?

I am trying to modify the standard invoice - do I need to modify the underlying table/query the report is based on to include a left join to the 311 table so that the fields are available?

Ian

1. on report define new global variable type= record, subtype=311. Lets name it recS_R_Setup
    2. on pre report triger GET this new variable: recS_R_Setup.GET;
    3. and also on pre report triger "load" blob field from database to memory: recS_R_Setup.CALCFIELDS(Image);
    3. in properties of picture box set SourceExpr = recS_R_Setup.Image

Thats should do the trick.

bostjanl