Is it possible to make the logins company specific?

gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
Dear Mibusonians..

As the "Database logins" the caption itself specifies the logins are specific to database.. my doubt is, whether is there any way to make the logins company specific so that each company will have different users in the same database..

The database using is the Nav Native database and the version using is NAVIN 4.0 SP3

Hope this post will make me more clear on Native database logins which i could not find in the forum..

Thanq all
Dilip
Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.

Answers

• bostjanlbostjanl Member Posts: 107
    gdkve9 wrote:
    Dear Mibusonians..

As the "Database logins" the caption itself specifies the logins are specific to database.. my doubt is, whether is there any way to make the logins company specific so that each company will have different users in the same database..

The database using is the Nav Native database and the version using is NAVIN 4.0 SP3

Hope this post will make me more clear on Native database logins which i could not find in the forum..

Thanq all

Create as many users as you like. To make login "compay specific" just connect users role to "specific" company. So all you have to do is to fill out the "Company" field in "Member of" table.

bostjanl
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    bostjanl wrote:
    So all you have to do is to fill out the "Company" field in "Member of" table.

I was actually searching for that Company field. Thanq bostjanl
    Dilip
    Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.