Posting with SN Specific

Tonie_CATonie_CA Member Posts: 6
My client always complain that he take a much time to posting document using SN tracking specific to the items. because from daily operation one document is about 1000 quantity with all SN Tracking specific.

Does anybody have an idea to solve this problem, to decrease time consume for posting document with SN Tracking specific??
Tonipo
PT. Citrathirza Astarijaya

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This is complex task, because to be able to enter such a huge amount of data need some processes which will support that (bar code scanners, bar code labels, employees with the scanners in field, etc.). Mainly you need to decide who will enter these data - someone who is really moving the boxes in the warehouse, or someone in office who do not know what will be shipped etc... you need to map the processes and change them to be able to enter the correct data to correct place as soon as possible...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    yes i am agree with kine. you can use barcode reader to overcome this tedious task. actually we have done it for one of our customer.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • Tonie_CATonie_CA Member Posts: 6
    thank you already response my question :)

but the main problem is not on entry of enormous data, but posting the document with item using SN Tracking Specific, like posting receive from Purchase Order. it will take a long time to posting one document and i always got complain from my customer like that. does anyone have a solution to decrease time for posting to meet my customer need?? or may be do some customization to decrease the time....thx before :)
    Tonipo
    PT. Citrathirza Astarijaya
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    SN tracking is designed to support specific costing for each SN. To do this it post an item ledger entry (plus GL and value entries) for each unique SN. Your 1000 unit example would result in 1000 Item ledger entries being created.

We had a client, a few years back, with a similar situation. They were using SN tracking and posting sales orders have upward of a few to several thousand units. Needless to say, postings took forever. Considering they usually had a truck driver waiting to leave this was not good.

After they agreed that they did not require costing at the SN level and the costing at the sales line level was acceptable, we modified their system so that it would post only 1 ILE per sales line. We created a new table where we posted the serial numbers related to that line. We had to modify a few forms and reports to support this.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.