Link Between Purchase and Sales

selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
Hi Nav Masters,

I just want to know, is there any Report in Nav that can tell me when i sell 1 Item, from which Purchase is this Item from, even if my Item is not using any Serial No. and Lot No. ?
Can we create this Report in Nav?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Steven

Comments

• lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    Without serial No. 's and Lot No. 's there isn't really a way of knowing this for sure...
    The PO No. is filled in for the initial warehouse entry that brings the goods in stock... but from there of on.. You're stuck
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You can sort this out by using the Item Application Entry table. Use this to link the inbound and outbound entries. See Codeunit 5801 for the logic
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    But Item Application Entry works only for items with FIFO and LIFO costing methods...

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    But Item Application Entry works only for items with FIFO and LIFO costing methods...

Regards,
    Slawek

Item Application Entry is used for all costing methods, even standard cost. Regardless of the costing method the system needs to apply positive and negative item ledger entries.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    True. Sorry my mistake :oops:

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    Yes i know, my client is using FIFO method. But its weird that after i run adjust cost. i got one item with cost = 15.839 in Value entry and then i try to track back with Item Application Entry i got the cost is 15.60

Why is it different? Is there something wrong?
    The adjust entry logic should give me the same value right? Its suppose to be 15.60

Please some advise
    Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Steven