Permission differences between 5.0SP1 and former versions

Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
Hi all,

I've found recently that there is significant difference in permission behaviour between newest NAV 5.0SP1 and any former version. It is really nasty surprise :(

Calculation of Flowfields values requires now direct R permission to the FlowField source table, or Indirect permission on the table with direct read on the form.

This is the problem in all the situations when users are allowed to see summed values, but are not allowed to drill down to the details.

Let's see Customer Card as an example. In v4.0x and 5.0 it is enough to have indirect read for table 379 (Detailed Cust. Ledger Entry) to see Balance (LCY) field on Customer Card.

In version 5.0SP1 I was forced to either set direct read on T379, or add T379=R in the Permission property on Form21 (Customer Card) to be able to open Form21

Any clue how to workaround this ?? I don't want to modify all necessary forms (in practice i need to modify all forms where any FlowField is displayed), and I'm not allowed to give direct R because this will give users access to the details.

Regards,
Slawek
Slawek Guzek
Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you using Standard or Extended security model?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Tried both, got the same results
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03