NAV5 Item Charge on PO - cannot post

FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
We've run into a situation that we can't resolve.

One of our data entry people created a PO to record the purchase of plant supplies. We don't inventory these, so she put them directly to G/L Accounts. She also attached an Item Charge to the PO to represent a fuel surcharge for delivery. She received and was able to Invoice quantities and amounts for the G/L lines, but not for the Item Charge.

Now we have a PO in the system with a Received but not Invoiced Item Charge, but it will not allow us to Invoice that particular line, because it is not assigned to an item. We also cannot delete the PO, because quantities have been received and not invoiced, and we cannot undo the Posted Purchase Receipt, because there are no items on it.

How can we either post the item charge on this PO, or undo the receipt of the item charge? Why did NAV allow this situation to exist in the first place?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    NAV lets you do this as it is "assuming" your "item" charge will be assigned. Remeber your item charge is not connected to anything until you tell it it is, and it does not have to be on the same order. You cannot "unreceive" an item charge as this only applies to items!

I would process the item charge against a selected PO in, I would then raise a credit to reverse the item charge and assign it to the same PO in teh same manner negating the cost uplift. I would then process the freight element direct to the GL as I am not uplifting the cost of any inventory with it. I have not done this so you will need to test the feasibility of it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen