NAV 5.0 SP1 - Cannot Instatiate CfrontdotNet object with VB

mistry_amistry_a Member Posts: 3
Hi Guys,

I have a problem using the latest Cfront dlls found in NAV 5 SP1 (DK version downloaded). I have a VB program that uses the Cfrontdotnet dll and this object is created/instantiated in the code using the NEW method.
This has always worked in previous versions of Cfrontdotnet, but all of a sudden in the latest release of CfrontdotNet it seems that the NEW method has become Private and cannot be called.

Has anyone else experienced this, and how do I instantitate the object in VB 2005 without using the NEW method.

I hope someone out there can help me, I am on a tight deadline for this project.

Comments

• mistry_amistry_a Member Posts: 3
    First of all, as there are no replies to this post I assume either no one has NAV 5.0 SP1 or no one has bothered to check if this issue is true and if it impacts them also.

Anyway, with no response from the expert Forum community, I have a response from Microsoft regarding the issue.

They responded as follows:

"I have been testing the behaviour you describe with the Danish, German and UK English versions of NAV and they all seem to have the same issue. In NAV 5.0 the error does not occur but using the NAV 5.0 SP1 SDK I get the following:

'Microsoft.Navision.CFront.CFrontDotNet.Private Sub New()' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'.

I will need to register this as a product issue so that it can be fixed in future versions of NAV as appropriate. Our process for doing this means I must pass this service request to an "Escalation Engineer" who will be in touch with you soon with further status updates."