Report - sorting 2 joined dataitems

Lec11Lec11 Member Posts: 91
Hello,

I have an issue which I believe most of you have come across ... I'll try to brief it:
- a report with 2 dataitems: purchase invoice header and purchase cr. memo header
- the report has to be printed sorted by date, but not one dataitem after another ... the dataitems have to be joined and sorted

How can I solve this?
- a temporary table that contains the all the fields from both tables ?
- indenting the cr. memo header below the invoice header and link them by date ?
- any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I recently went thru a similar report except on the sales side. My approach was to use table 36 (Sales Header) as a temporary table. I wrote my posted table records into the temp table then ran the report from the temp table.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

Have you considered using the vendor ledger entry table with a lookup to the purchase invoice header and purchase cr. memo header tables for details ?
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Lec11Lec11 Member Posts: 91
    Actually, I thought about using Item Ledger Entry table, because the report prints item charges. This is a good solution as well.

The one with the temporary table was the first in my mind and using Purchase Header I think it will do it.

Thanks to both for your replies!