NAS with MSMQ in 64bits

jfelgueirasjfelgueiras Member Posts: 7
I have the fowling problem.

I use the Navision Application Server (NAS) to run a Navision code unit that connects to a Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ). I use this solution for data integration between Navision and external systems. In Navision the information is created using to xmlPorts, that are called by the codeunit.

The specific codeunit that is executed by NAS, has the automation object 'Navision MS-Message Queue Bus Adapter'.MSMQBusAdapter, so it can connect to the MSMQ and retrieve all the messages.

In this client, that has a 64bit system, this solution doesn’t work. The messages are sent to the MSMQ, the NAS is executing with no errors, but the codeunit can’t catch any message.
It seems like the Navision can’t detect any message in the MSMQ.

In other environments (Development and production), but in 32bit system, all of this works fine.

Can you help me solve this problem?

Comments

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You need to move NAS to a 2 bit system. The message queue is only supported on 32 bit systems.
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    I have the fowling problem.

I use the Navision Application Server (NAS) to run a Navision code unit that connects to a Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ). I use this solution for data integration between Navision and external systems. In Navision the information is created using to xmlPorts, that are called by the codeunit.

The specific codeunit that is executed by NAS, has the automation object 'Navision MS-Message Queue Bus Adapter'.MSMQBusAdapter, so it can connect to the MSMQ and retrieve all the messages.

In this client, that has a 64bit system, this solution doesn’t work. The messages are sent to the MSMQ, the NAS is executing with no errors, but the codeunit can’t catch any message.
    It seems like the Navision can’t detect any message in the MSMQ.

In other environments (Development and production), but in 32bit system, all of this works fine.

Can you help me solve this problem?

This error has already reported to MS. If I'm not in mistake it should be available a hotfix for that.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Only answer from MSFT I got about NAS under 64bit is "Not supported". Sorry, I think you will not have any support in case of running NAS under 64bit.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jfelgueirasjfelgueiras Member Posts: 7
    nunomaia wrote:
    This error has already reported to MS. If I'm not in mistake it should be available a hotfix for that.

I reported this error to MS and they say that is a limitation: "...Microsoft Dynamics NAV Comunication Components do not work on a computer that is running 64bits operating system..."

You say that theres is a hot fix, can you tell me where it is?
    Thank you
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    kine wrote:
    Only answer from MSFT I got about NAS under 64bit is "Not supported". Sorry, I think you will not have any support in case of running NAS under 64bit.

It was made a few months ago a request support to MS about that error. At time we were informed that wasn’t support but in a near future it shou be an hotfix for that. I guess I never come out.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Microsoft has released a hot fix for NAS & MSMQ for Navision 4/5. It's really short on details of the issues it fixes - but does say it addresses cases where NAS stops processing messages from Message Queue.

See: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;945992

It's a long shot but maybe something to look into. Note that you will need to be a Microsoft Parter to access the link above.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com