Navision Application Server

mrigyamrigya Member Posts: 124
Hi All

I am new to Navision , want to develop an application with dotnet as frontend and Navison Application Server with which i can use all the logics from navision.Can anyone help me with how can i use navision application server with dotnet.

Thanks and Regards
Mrigya

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    you can do this by using Navision Application server & message queue to communicate with your application.

.Net application pushes up request in message queue. on the other side navision application server will read this message prepare dataset and result will be placed in another message queue.

all these communication will done in XML Format.

hope u will have idea about it.

Rajesh
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    mrigya wrote:
    Hi All

I am new to Navision , want to develop an application with dotnet as frontend and Navison Application Server with which i can use all the logics from navision.Can anyone help me with how can i use navision application server with dotnet.

Thanks and Regards
    Mrigya
    I think you are assuming that Application Server is the server product for the NAV client, which is not correct. By default NAS does not expose any NAV logic. If your intention is to develop an application that would be an alternative to the regular NAV client, I would suggest you stop that project right away. The next version will have the capability to expose standard NAV as webservices, which will make that possible.