Who merged localization in US licensed version

ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
Our customer has a US license version of NAV. In other countries some users login and do the administration. Some are missing there bank statements (functionality).

I can copy this from a localized NAV version and renumber some objects.

Who has done this before? Did the customer needed to buy this localisation or did you just copy it. Did anything changed in the license?

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    So you want to take localization specific functionality and copy that to custom object numbers. What you need is a developer license that has access to the localized objects (a US developer license in your case). Make copies of all objects in the custom range, and make sure that all references are moved to the new object numbers. When yo're done, start deleting the source localized objects one at a time and make sure that everything still works. You'll likely have to re-import the objects because there's missing references, so it'll be a tedious and long process (depending on how much you are copying of course).
    Oh and because you're essentially moving the localization into custom object numbers, the customer will only have to have the custom numbers added to their license.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Thx, so I only need add a new object range to the US license.
    No I don't think I made myself clear. If you already have a US license, you don't have to move any US functionality because you can access US functionality with a US license. In that case you only need to order the right granule.

So you have a US database, and you want to make some US functionality available for other countries. Since you can't get a US license for say a Dutch customer, you have to move those objects into a range that they can purchase. So you would take the localized objects (in for instance the 10000 range) and copy those to the 50000 range. You, as the developer, would need to have developer access to those objects though, so you would need a US developer license. The customer only needs to get the 50000 objects.
    No I don't think I explained it correctly :) They want some NL functionallity in the US database running with a US license for NL users to use. The US users don't need this.
    Oh I see it's the other way around :mrgreen: yes in that case you could use your Dutch developer license, and renumber the localized objects to custom range (50000+). All you'd need to do is make sure you use numbers that are or will be in the customer's license
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    ajhvdb wrote:
    No I don't think I explained it correctly :) They want some NL functionallity in the US database running with a US license for NL users to use. The US users don't need this.

I've done it for a customer in 3.7 version. Moving NL objects into US db. As Denster mentioned you have to renumber them to 50K.
    It was simple process.
    If you are merging objects in standard <50K range. Make sure you add a new field to GLSetup and only run your code if that field is checked.
    That way US functionality won't be changed.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    ara3n wrote:
    If you are merging objects in standard <50K range. Make sure you add a new field to GLSetup and only run your code if that field is checked.
    That way US functionality won't be changed.

Nice trick :o